How To Calculate Your IELTS Score
IELTS is scored on nine-band scale. Every band relates to indicated skill in English language. You get individual band scores for Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking and a general band on nine-band scale. The general band compares to a clear proclamation which uncovers a rundown of English language ability of candidate.
IELTS 9-band scale
You will be given a score from 1 to 9 for every piece of the test – Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. The normal creates your general band score. You can score entire (e.g., 5.0, 6.0, 7.0) or half (e.g., 5.5., 6.5, 7.5) groups in every piece of the test.
|Band Score||Skill Level||Description|
|Band 9||Expert user||Has completely operational order of the language: proper, exact and familiar with complete comprehension.|
|Band 8||Very great user||Has completely operational charge of the language with just intermittent unsystematic mistakes and Misunderstandings may happen in new circumstances. Handles complex natty gritty argumentation well.|
|Band 7||Good user||Has operational charge of the dialect, however with intermittent mistakes and false impressions in a few circumstances. For the most part handles complex language well and comprehends definite thinking.|
|Band 6||Competent user||Has for the most part successful charge of the dialect in spite of a few errors and misconceptions. Can utilize and see genuinely perplexing language, especially in recognizable circumstances.|
|Band 5||Modest user||Has fractional order of the language, adapting to general importance much of the time, however is liable to commit numerous errors. Should have the capacity to handle fundamental correspondence in own field.|
|Band 3||Extremely constrained user||Conveys and sees just general significance in extremely natural circumstances. Regular breakdowns in correspondence happen|
|Band 2||Intermittent user||No genuine correspondence is conceivable with the exception of the most essential data utilizing confined words or short equation in recognizable circumstances and to address quick issues. Has great difficulty understanding spoken and written English.|
|Band 1||Non-user||Essentially has no capacity to utilize the language past potentially a couple of detached words.|
|Band 0||did not endeavor the test||Data not available.|
IELTS Count of Scores
The Academic and General Training papers are evaluated to the same scale. You will be given a score from 1 to 9 for every piece of the test – Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. The normal creates your general band score. You can score entire (e.g., 5.0, 6.0, 7.0) or half (e.g., 5.5., 6.5, 7.5) groups in every piece of the test.
IELTS General Band Scores
- Your general band score is ascertained by taking the mean score of the four test parts (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking). The score for every part is just as weighted. Your general band score is adjusted to the closest entire or half band.
- For instance:
- On the off chance that you attain to 6.5 for Listening, 6.5 for Reading, 5.0 for Writing and 7.0 for Speaking, you will be honored an Overall Band Score of 6.5. Aggregate score of 25 ÷ 4 = 6.25 which is a band score of 6.5.
- In the event that you accomplish 4.0 for Listening, 3.5 for Reading, 4.0 for Writing and 4.0 for Speaking, you would be honored an Overall Band Score of 4.0. Aggregate score of 15.5 ÷ 4 = 3.875 which is a band score of 4.0.
IELTS Listening and Reading scores
- IELTS Listening and Reading parts contain 40 inquiries. Every right thing is recompensed one imprint, along these lines the greatest crude score you can attain to for every segment is 40. Band scores going from Band 1 to Band 9 are honored to hopefuls on the premise of their crude scores.
IELTS Writing and speaking scores
- At the point when denoting the Writing and Speaking parts of the test, analyst’s utilization definite evaluation criteria which portray composed and talked execution at each of the 9 IELTS groups.
- Writing: Examiners grant a band score for each of four model territories: Task Achievement (for Task 1), Task Response (for Task 2), Coherence and Cohesion, Lexical Resource and Grammatical Range and Accuracy. The four criteria are similarly weighted.
- Speaking: Examiners recompense a band score for each of four basis regions: Fluency and Coherence, Lexical Resource, Grammatical Range and Accuracy and Pronunciation. The four criteria are similarly weighed.
If you have any queries about the article or want some other information about IELTS. You can leave a comment or can contact us via email.